Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 15 - I need to push it.

I spent the day yesterday, again in my ratty old mock crocs, sockless. I forgot to put on my pedometer, so I didn't count steps. It was cold and dreary yesterday!

I walked a short distance down the street (Pugnacious pup in tow, sporting his new yellow harness) to pay my water bill. It was cold, and as I said, not a long way - but I got no burn and no blisters. It occurred to me that night (I left the shoes on even when I didn't have to) that my feet are not sweating the same way they once did. In the past, these crocs have gotten all icky/slippery FAST on the inside due to excessive sweating. Even though they are well ventilated, they are plastic, essentially; and that's why, before recently, I always wore them with socks.

I still haven't gotten into doing any real, pointed walking yet. Time constraints have interfered with my plans for that big time. I must get on it - the JDRF walk is coming up fast, and if I can't make the distance I want it to be because of my skin - not my total lack of conditioning!! Heh.

Perhaps the good weather will be more conducive to my getting up and out. It'll be cool this week, but sunny - perfect time to get going. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow my blog and come back often. Your words are always welcome.

Recommended Reading